Sunday, February 12, 2012

A Wee Bit of Progress


Yesterday, I spent on yet another household project.  My wife does not like the arrangement of the living room, so I spent the day hanging a cabinet and the TV from the wall to free up floor space.   the challenge was not so much the hanging as the hiding of all the cords that support the electronics.  I have to admit, it looks much better, and she seems pleased, which is good enough for me. 

Today, however, is not a good weather day, so I couldn't move the vehicle out of the garage into the drive so I could get access to most of my tools, particularly the table saw.   I did make a bit of progress over last week on the bending jig.  In the picture above, you can see the hardware set for the upper bout and waist clamps, and the picture below, you see the hardware set used for the lower bout hold clamps, and in the last picture, the half-finished jig.  The stand is a piece of black pipe with two flanges.  The lower flange will be attached to a base.   I needed access my table saw in order to make the base.  


The upper and lower bout clamps are spring loaded, the waist clamp is shaped to fit the waist and is brought down with the two wing nuts.  As I said, I bend the sides first, freehand, then put them in the jig to rest, so speed isn't particularly crucial.  I do like to let the sides rest over-night, particularly if they are still wet from the bending process.

Next week-end, I hope I will have access to my table saw, and I will make the base, the clamps for the bending jig, and the spreaders to complete the mold.  More details to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment